Jigyasa, a quarterly journal, will be published every year in the first week of the March, June, September and December. The journal focuses to publish original and exclusive research articles on all subjects pertaining to Arts and Humanities. The objective of the journal is to provide a forum to the scholars, teacher-educators, educational planners, administrators, and researchers etc. to contribute thought provoking articles, book reviews, and research papers etc, both in Hindi or English.
1. Research papers submitted must be original. It should neither have been published earlier nor should be under the consideration of any other publication.
2. Papers should add to the knowledge of different disciplines by providing a new insight either through new information substantiation or contradiction of the previous findings, theory, phenomenon, application and development of a new technique etc.
3. Any sort of plagiarism is not acceptable. Even after acceptance, if an article is found to be plagiarized, it will be sent back. The authors may even be blacklisted.
4. The decision to publish the paper will exclusively be of the Editorial Board. The papers may be sent back to the author for incorporating changes as suggested and for proof reading. However, the Editorial Board reserves the right to incorporate minor changes including the format and presentation of the manuscript.
5. A copy of the journal will be made available to all the contributors on complimentary basis.
Guidelines for authors:
1. The manuscript should be typed in MS Word, either in Hindi or English, double-space on one side of A-4 sized paper having 1" margin on all sides.
2. Font: Main body – 12 pt. in Times New Roman for English.
Font: Main body – 14pt. in Chandini for Hindi.
3. The full length of the research papers and articles should be between 1500-2500 words.
4. An abstract of not more than 200 words is required.
5. The articles should preferably be illustrated, with bold and short captions/ Headings. Sub-heading should also be in bold letters. Footnotes should be used only if necessary.
6. To the extent possible, tables and illustrations should appear in the document near/after where they are referenced in the text. Avoid the use of overly small type in tables. In no case should tables or figures be in separate document or file.
7. Tables must be numbered consecutively and must have a brief title.
8. The paper should start with an introduction and end with a conclusion, summarizing the findings of the paper.
9. Authors must submit one hard copy as well as one soft copy (in CD) mentioning the title of the paper and the filename.
10. References: It is the author's obligation to provide complete references with necessary information. References should appear in the text as: "Ehrman and Oxford (1989) reported that ............." and the list of all the references must be placed at the end of the manuscript in the alphabetical order in the following style.
- Ehrman M and Oxford R (1989), "Effects of Sex Differences, Career Choice and Psychological Type on Adult Language Learning Strategies", Modern Language Journal, Vol. 73, pp. 1-13.
11. Facts of papers presented/ submitted in a conference/ seminar must be clearly mentioned at the bottom of the first page of the manuscript and the author should specify with whom the copyright rests.
12. Papers are processed through a blind referral system by experts in the subject. To ensure anonymity, the writer's name, designation and other details should appear only on the first page along with the title of the paper and should not be repeated anywhere else.
13. Every author is required to send his/her black and white passport sized photograph.
14. Authors are advised to avoid the usage of ambiguous words.
15. All manuscript should be accompanied by the certificate:
The manuscript/paper titled ............................ is original, exclusive and unpublished material. It is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. Further, it will not be submitted for publication elsewhere, until a decision is conveyed regarding its acceptability for publication in JIGYASA. If accepted for publication, I/we agree that it will not be published elsewhere either in whole or in part without the consent of JIGYASA.
I/We the undersigned authors hereby, transfer/assign or otherwise convey all copyright ownership of my/our paper, entitled ................................to the Jigyasa.
All contributions should be sent at the given address.
The Executive Editor
Taranagar Colony, Chhittupur
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail : email@example.com
Mob. 9415390515, 9336473737
© Poddar Foundation
Note : Scholars will be solely answerable to the contents of their articles.
Tankan : Ashish Pratap Singh (Akansha Computers),Hyderabad Gate,BHU,VNS
Printed by Kabara Offsets, Ravindrapuri, Varanasi